28. 02. 2020
NDIS Provider # 4050062560
If you or a loved one is living with a disability, life can be challenging. However, your home should be designed to work for you, and no other room needs to be more carefully thought out to meet your needs than a bathroom. Having an accessible bathroom makes a lot of everyday tasks that much easier and allows those with disabilities to be more independent while going about their daily lives.
In Australia, there is a disability scheme known as NDIS (the National Disability Insurance Scheme) and it is designed to help those with disabilities get the assistance they need while going about their daily routines.
What does NDIS Approved mean?
NDIS helps over 4.3 million people across the country deal with their unique disabilities via funding and support. The goal of the scheme is to ensure those that need them, have access to the functionality and devices required to live a productive life.
This access includes certain home renovations that allow a user to modify their space so that they are able to more safely use it and move around more comfortably in areas they frequently visit (like the bathroom, for example).
Home modifications can be included in your NDIS plan if:
- You or your caregivers cannot reasonably access frequently used rooms in your primary residence due to the impact of your disability.
- In its current condition, your primary residence has adverse impacts on the sustainability of your living and care arrangements.
- A qualified Occupational Therapist has performed an assessment of the recommended adjustments to your home and considered all possible alternatives, including the use of equipment.
Individuals between the ages of 7-65 that live and have residency in Australia are eligible to request help from the scheme to improve certain heavily used areas of the home to make them more accessible. Once approved, individuals can utilise NDIS. However, they must work with an NDIS approved supplier, of which Crystal Bathrooms is one.
Modifications to ensure an accessible bathroom
Individuals under NDIS have a range of unique needs, and modifying a bathroom to meet them is different for everyone. Our goal at Crystal Bathrooms is to work with you, your family and your medical experts to deliver an NDIS bathroom renovation that will meet your specific needs.
Modifications to bathrooms may include:
- Ensuring entryways and showers are wheelchair or walker accessible.
- Adding grab rails that are strategically placed in the bathroom to assist with mobility.
- Reconsidering fixtures such as taps and showerheads to make them more accessible and easy to use.
- Reimagining storage space to ensure items are easily within reach.
- Providing for non-slip surfaces.
- Installing walk-in baths or shower stalls without ledges for easier access.
- Ensuring the bathroom space is well lit and easily navigated.
The latest technology for better NDIS approved bathrooms
At Crystal Bathrooms, we pride ourselves on staying up-to-date with the latest bathroom advancements that make accessible bathrooms safer and more user-friendly. We work with industry specialists to seek out the best features, fixtures, and tech - from frameless showers to open plan designs.
Our products include the latest in mobility supports, anti-slip flooring, and automated lighting. We also handle finishing touches such as anti-scald mixtures that keep users safe without reducing function.
Crystal Bathrooms always provides full 2D and 3D designs so you can see exactly how your bathroom will look once completed.
Crystal Bathrooms is here to help
We understand the disruptions to a home can be difficult, especially for those with disabilities. Crystal Bathrooms works to make every effort to minimise the effects of installing and renovating NDIS bathrooms. Our team will work closely with you, your family and your caregivers to devise a work plan that will keep disruptions to a minimum.
We’re committed to completing the work on-time whenever possible, keeping you appraised of the work and progress, and delivering results as promised.
Speak to Crystal Bathrooms today to see how we can help you with an NDIS approved bathroom renovation.